Convent Glen and Orleans Woods – Ottawa Real Estate
Convent Glen is a suburban neighbourhood located in the community of Orleans, around 15 kilometres northeast of downtown Ottawa. Nestled along the banks of the Ottawa River, the neighbourhood is considered one of the oldest communities in Orleans.
Residents of Convent Glen enjoy a picturesque setting, with plenty of refreshing open space, streets lined with soaring trees, and incredible views of the river. This is a great place especially for outdoor lovers, as the community is surrounded by several neighbourhood parks, in addition to the many hiking, biking, and skiing trails along the Ottawa River.
Convent Glen provides plenty of convenience as well, as schools, shops, services, and most of the amenities of greater Orleans are easily accessible.
Convent Glen Real Estate
Townhomes, condos, bungalows, and single-family homes are the most common property types available in this neighbourhood. Homes come in a variety of sizes and styles, from 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom bungalows to more spacious 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom traditional-style homes and larger.
Most of the properties boast upgraded features such as new kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, large outdoor patios, spacious fenced-in yards, elegant bathrooms, and master bedrooms with massive walk-in closets.
Quick Facts About Convent Glen
- Parks surrounding Convent Glen include: Bilberry Park, Father Richard Ward Park, Hiawatha Park, Jeanne d’Arc Park, Mystery Park, and Terry Fox Park.
- Schools within Convent Glen include Convent Glen Catholic School and École élémentaire catholique des Voyageurs.
- Place d’Orleans, one of the largest and most popular shopping centres in the community of Orleans, is a short drive away from Convent Glen.
Orleans Wood is a small neighbourhood within the community of Orleans, situated around 18 kilometres northeast from downtown Ottawa. The community is bordered by the Ottawa River to its north, Champlain Street to its east, Highway 174 to its south, and Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard to its west.
Residents of Orleans Wood get to enjoy a carefree, small town atmosphere combined with easy access to the big city amenities available in greater Orleans. The community offers a unique blend of convenience and relaxation as nature trails, neighbourhood parks, and major roads are always a short drive away.
Orleans Wood Real Estate
Buyers looking for an ideal home in Orleans Wood will have plenty of superb options to choose from. Homes in the neighbourhood are comprised mostly of single-family homes, but a few condos and townhomes are available as well.
Most homes in the area are beautifully appointed, with well-designed interiors, spacious floor plans, and a variety of first-class features.
Quick Facts About Orleans Wood
- Nearby parks in Orleans Wood include Decarie Parktroyes Park, Beauclaire Park, Luc Major Park, and Joe Jamison Park.
- Some schools in the area are St. Matthew High School, Orleans Wood Elementary School, and Cairine Wilson Secondary School.
- Shoppers living in Orleans Wood can choose from a great selection of nearby shopping centres. The popular Place d’Orleans shopping mall which boasts a superb selection of shops, services, and restaurants is located just across Highway 174.