Located in the east end of Ottawa, Queenswood Heights is a neighbourhood that used to be part of the city of Cumberland, before it was amalgamated in 2001 with other communities to form the new city of Ottawa.
The community offers an excellent quality of life for residents, and is complete with all amenities and facilities you need, from top-performing schools to scenic parks and trails, state-of-the-art recreation centers to multiple shopping areas, and more.
Queenswood Heights Real Estate
Majority of homes in Queenswood Heights consist of single-family homes, but a few semi-detached homes, townhomes, and low-rise apartments are available as well.
Quick Facts About Queenswood Heights
- Queenswood Heights is home to an estimated population of more than 11,000 permanent residents.
- Established in 1962, Queenswood Heights is considered one of the first modern subdivisions in the area.
- Recreational venues in Queenswood Heights include three lighted outdoor rinks, a community centre, seven lighted tennis courts, and two lighted baseball diamonds.
Sunridge and Sunview
Sunridge is a small neighbourhood located east of Belcourt Boulevard in the community of Orleans. Within the community is Sunview Drive, a scenic avenue lined with a great selection of beautiful single-family homes. The neighbourhood is characterized by beautiful natural surroundings, with large pockets of open space, and charming tree-lined streets.
The community features a quiet, small town atmosphere that makes it a very relaxing place to live in. Everything you need is also a quick drive away, including schools, shopping centres, restaurants, parks, services, and more.
Sunridge and Sunview Drive Real Estate
Majority of the properties in Sunridge and Sunview Drive are single-family homes. Most homes in the area are well-designed, and come with a wide array of superb features such as landscaped yards, stylish dining rooms and family rooms, kitchens with new stainless steel appliances, elegant master bedrooms, and plenty of storage space.
Quick Facts About Sunridge and Sunview Drive
- There are two schools located close to Sunridge – Saint Joseph Elementary School and Garneau Catholic High School.
- Residents looking to unwind outdoors can choose from many parks around the area such as Barrington Park, Delorme Park, Saint Francois Park, Barnabe Park, and Cardinal Farms Park.
- Sunridge residents can enjoy visiting many nearby shops and restaurants at the intersection of Innes Road and Frank Bender Street.
- Place d’Orleans is located a few minutes away from the community. The sprawling shopping complex is one of the largest in Ottawa, and is home to a diverse selection of boutiques, services, specialty stores, and restaurants.
- Highway 174 is easily accessible from Sunridge, providing residents with easy access to downtown Ottawa as well as other parts of the city.
- Golf enthusiasts can improve their game or enjoy a round of golf with some friends at the Pine View Golf Course or at the White Sands Golf Course and Practice Center which are both located a short drive away from the community.
Queenswood Heights | Sunridge | Sunview