Hunt Club & Ottawa South
Hunt Club is a neighbourhood located in the south central portion of Ottawa, in the municipal ward known as River Ward or Ward 16. It is located less than 10 kilometres northeast of the Ottawa International Airport, and east of the Rideau River.
Originally a European settlement during the early 19th century, Hunt Club was mostly a rural area annexed to Ottawa before development started during the 1970s. It was named after the Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club, a fixture in the area since the late 1800s.
Surrounded by acres of green space, Hunt Club and Ottawa South boast incredibly picturesque natural scenery, as they have over three times the amount of green space compared to other communities in Ottawa.
Hunt Club & Ottawa South Real Estate
A diverse variety of options are available for homebuyers looking to relocate to Hunt Club& Ottawa South. Properties in the area consist of a mix of single-family homes, townhomes, semi-detached homes, and a significant number of co-ops and condos that have their own recreational amenities and community centres.
There’s also a selection of impressive luxury mansions surrounded by vast green space available to members of the Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club.
Quick Facts About Hunt Club & Ottawa South
- Hunt club is home to seven neighbourhood parks that feature nature trails, picnic areas, and recreational amenities.
- Hunt Club is divided into four sub-neighbourhoods: Hunt Club Estates, Hunt Club Woods, Qunterra, and Western Community.
- Residents can use the bridge at Airport Parkway to walk or bike to different locations such as the wetlands of Sawmill Creek, South Keys Transit way station, the South Keys Shopping Centre.
- Residents planning to enjoy outdoor activities can head to the many parks and recreational spaces located along the Rideau Canal and Rideau River.
- Bank Street is a popular destination for both visitors and residents of Ottawa South. Here, you’ll be able to find attractions such as the Mayfair Theatre, as well as several restaurants, pubs, and antique stores.