Avalon, Notting Gate and Cardinal Creek – Ottawa Real Estate
Avalon is a master-planned community located in Orleans, a suburb in Ottawa’ east end. The neighbourhood was developed during the late 1990s, and was previously considered part of the city of Cumberland.
Avalon is included in the Portobello South Community Development Association, along with Notting Gate or Notting Hill. It is currently home to an estimated population of more than 12,000 residents.
Avalon Real Estate
Avalon boasts picturesque natural surroundings, with several nature trails, parks, and playgrounds. Residents of the community enjoy a very laid-back and convenient lifestyle, with schools, shopping centers, and transit all just a few minutes away.
Homes in Avalon boast elegant architectural details as well as stylish and comfortable interiors that come with a range of first-class features, such as spacious open floor plans, kitchens equipped with state-of-the-art appliances, master bedrooms with gorgeous views, and more.
Quick Facts About Avalon
- Commutes to the downtown area are a hassle-free experience, thanks to easy access to Highway 417 and service from OC Transpo on multiple local and express routes.
- Avalon boasts a wide selection of community centres: The Orleans Sportsplex, Ray Friel Recreation Centre, the Elizabeth Manley Skating Rink, and more.
- Residents can enjoy easy access to the Place d’Orleans Shopping Centre and the sprawling shopping hub located on Innes Road.
Notting Gate is a neighbourhood located in the community of Orleans. It is situated in Cumberland Ward, a city ward near the eastern border of Ottawa. The neighbourhood is also known as Notting Hill, and is currently home to around 4,000 permanent residents.
Notting Gate Real Estate
Notting Gate is known as a community that flawlessly balances a small town atmosphere with big city amenities. Residents here enjoy a great selection of amazing places to visit, from quiet neighbourhood parks, sprawling sports facilities, to expansive shopping centers.
Homes in Notting Gate are sure to fit any type of lifestyle. There’s a fantastic inventory of well-built properties to choose from in the area, ranging from affordable town homes and bungalows to masterfully designed 5-bedroom single-family homes equipped with the finest amenities.
Quick Facts About Notting Gate
- Residents of Notting Gate enjoy easy access to sprawling shopping complexes on Innes Road (Riocan & Smart Centres).
- There’s a selection of scenic parks around Notting Hill for residents looking for some fresh air. Among these are Millennium Sports Park, Forest Glen Park, and Gardenway Park.
- Schools in the area include Forest Valley Public, St. Theresa, Avalon Public, and St. Peter’s Catholic High School.
Cardinal Creek is a master-planned townhouse and single-family home community located in Orleans. Developed by Tamarack Homes, the community is perched on over 450 acres of lush, rolling terrain, with picturesque views of refreshing open space, tranquil waterways, and the Ottawa River to the south.
Cardinal Creek Real Estate
Homebuyers can choose from a wide variety of sizes and styles that are sure to fit any lifestyle. Choices include bungalows, single-family homes, semi-detached two-storey homes, and townhomes.
The properties are located on lots that range from 38 to 50 square feet.
Quick Facts About Cardinal Creek
- Outdoor lovers in Cardinal Creek enjoy access to a network of walking trails surrounded by deep ravines, soaring trees, and rolling hills.
- History buffs can visit the nearby CumberlandHeritageMuseum, a 1920s and 30s village that features costumed interpreters, exhibits, and other attractions.
- Shoppers can enjoy endless hours of shopping at the Place d’Orleans, which is located just a short trip away from the village.