Westboro, Ottawa West and Crystal Beach – Ottawa Real Estate
Westboro is a vibrant neighbourhood located in the west end of Ottawa, along the banks of the Ottawa River. Also known as Westboro Village, the neighbourhood was first incorporated as a police village in 1905, and was eventually annexed to the city of Ottawa in 1949.
Today, Westboro is known as one of Ottawa’s most vibrant and diverse communities. It boasts a number of great attractions, and is a popular shopping, dining, and nightlife destination. Its surroundings are very unique as well – gorgeous colourful murals painted by local artists seamlessly transition to tree-lined streets and picturesque views of Gatineau Hills and Westboro Beach.
Westboro Real Estate
Westboro is divided into several sub-neighbourhoods, each with its own distinct character. Since the area was once considered cottage country, many cottage-like homes can still be found today in some of its sub-neighbourhoods.
Some real estate options in Westboro include comfortable townhomes in quiet subdivisions, single-family homes with elegant interiors and first-class features, and sophisticated condo units located close to all the shopping centres, restaurants, and nightlife venues.
Quick Facts About Westboro
- Westboro is currently home to an estimated population of 22,000 residents.
- During the month of June, the neighbourhood hosts the Westfest, one of Canada’s most popular arts and music festivals.
- Two OC Transpo stations serve Westboro: Westboro and Dominion.
Ottawa West encompasses several neighbourhoods and communities such as Carp, Kanata, Nepean, and Stittsville. The area has much to offer for residents, as a diverse array of attractions and conveniences are available from schools to outstanding recreational facilities, museums to art galleries, nature trails to shopping centres, and so much more.
Ottawa West Real Estate
Buyers can choose from a wide range of real estate options in Ottawa West. Properties in the area are sure to fit any lifestyle and budget, as nearly any type of housing is available, from affordable 1 to 2-bedroom condos or townhomes to expansive 5-bedroom single-family homes and everything in between.
Quick Facts About Ottawa West
- Ottawa West is home to several world-class museums such as the Goulbourn Museum, the Diefenbunker, and Pinhey’s Point Historic Site.
- There’s a huge selection of top-notch schools in Ottawa West, which include Nepean High School, Earl of March Secondary School, and Georges Vanier Catholic School.
- Art enthusiasts can check out Ottawa West’s great selection of artistic hubs such as the Nepean Creative Arts Centre, the Ron Maslin Playhouse, and the Kanata Civic Art Gallery.
Crystal Beach is a riverside neighbourhood located in the west end of Ottawa, in the Bay Ward municipal ward. Established during the 1960s, the picturesque neighbourhood is known as one of Ottawa’s most desirable neighbourhoods due to its superb location. The neighbourhood boasts beautiful surroundings, and is close to a plethora of recreational attractions.
Crystal Beach Real Estate
Many of the homes in Crystal Beach were originally built in the 1960s, and have been modified and renovated over time. Real estate options in the area are very diverse. Buyers can choose from lovely 3-bedroom bungalows, stylish riverside apartments, gorgeous townhomes in quiet neighbourhoods, and more.
Quick Facts About Crystal Beach
- Residents of Crystal Beach enjoy the area’s close proximity to several attractions such as the Nepean Sailing Club, the Ottawa River, and Andrew Haydon Park.
- Schools within Crystal Beach include Lakeview Public School and Crystal Beach Public School.
- Crystal Beach is home to more than 2,000 permanent residents.